Sunday, August 24, 2008

Trusting God

It seems there are times where you are left with no choice but to trust God.

That may seem like an odd statement, so I'll explain.

It simply means that you know of no means to meet your need. And you feel no need to explain your plight to anyone because those you've considered your friends in the past have separated themselves from you. In other words, they're gone. They consider you to be akin to an enemy. And resources which you have accessed in the past are not available to you, either. They are also gone.

And as far as you know, there's no help available. Yet, the need has not disappeared. In fact, it appears larger than ever.

Thus, the apparent need to simply trust God to supply your need.

In one sense, it greatly simplifies matters. You can't look to another person. You can't draw from your pool of resources. Yet, the God who originally provided these people and their resources has not changed. He has not moved. He has not abandoned anyone. And His resources have not diminished.

So, when continually asking God to meet your needs, even when those needs are rather large, it is sometimes necessary to just settle down and wait on God, especially when you don't even have the means to go searching for the supply of your need. And having been in this position before, I at least have a history with God to fall back on. I've been in this position before. I've watched as God performed as only He can, maybe using people I've never met and may never see again. Others have come to be a regular part of our lives.

Regardless, the need to look to God and no one else remains. And I smile when I contemplate the end result. As surprising as the result may be, I can rest assured that it is exactly what He wanted for me and my family. I'm glad that I am in His hands, a much safer place than my own.

No comments: