Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Bible and Politics - Are You Serious?

With the plethora of Christians interested in poitics over the last 4-5 decades, I can't help but wonder just how serious most Christians are when it comes to considering what God and His Word have to say about the subject. I have had numerous opportunities to discuss politics with other Believers, especially over the last several years. Conversational progress, however, has been slow to occur

When certain political points are mentioned or made from a truly Biblical perspective (in other words, a verse or passage of Scripture), it's amazing how many conversations are almost immediately changed or ended.

It's also very interesting that some of these points are not something completely new to those I am conversing with. They are familiar with the verse or verses that I mention and their implications. They just don't want to talk about it.

So, as I said, I have to wonder just how serious are professed Believers in Christ when it comes to truly living out the Word of God, even in the realm of politics.

No comments: