Friday, February 01, 2013

Jesus & Taxes - Was Jesus an IRS Tax Protestor?

I've seen the following picture on Facebook recently about Irwin Schiff, Taxes, the IRS and prison. I finally shared it with a preface statement and questions as follows.

"If you, like Irwin Schiff and others, were faced with a government that wanted you to pay taxes you weren't required by law to pay, what would your response be? Would it be the same as Irwin Schiff and others? Would it be the same as Jesus?"
Photo
Did irwin Schiff know Jesus' Tax law?


I wonder how many know what the response of Jesus was to the idea of paying a tax He wasn't legally liable to pay? Were you aware that Jesus faced this dilemma? Do you know the choice Jesus exercised? Can you guess?

I assure you that the option chosen by Jesus was not one most of us would have seriously considered, much less actually performed. I will make another post about His choice. In the meantime, see if you can figure it out.

No comments: